8 September 2014

(LEAVING PARADISE) NOT FAR FROM REALITY

I absolutely love Leaving Paradise.
If you haven't read it, I would strongly recommend it.

Its a story between two teenagers, who are both suffering from the aftermath of a terrible accident. Maggie Armstrong who was hit, and Caleb Becker, who was behind the wheels. He paid the price by doing time in Juvie for a year. While Maggie, even after countless sessions of physio therapy treatments, still walks with a limp.

The story starts off with Caleb getting out of Juvie, relieved to finally be going home. But a lot has changed since his been gone, more so than he'd imagined. But having to face Maggie might be the worse thing of all.

This is their journey in finding strength and comfort in each other.

But what happens when the truth about that night comes out?



Okay so, while reading this book, I found myself wondering how bad could physio therapy actually be. I mean I've done physio before, so I was really surprised to see how painful it was for Maggie. When I'd gone a year ago, it was actually rather relaxing. So I was left with a big fat question mark.

But then today, I went to a new physio therapist. He looked like a nice guy and seemed to know his stuff. So I wasn't my usual paranoid self. I was completely at ease. But then I heard the guy he was seeing while I waited outside scream. And not a small scream, a full on I'm-getting-tortured-by-a-serial-killer scream. I won't lie, I started panicking a little. But I decided to be brave and see things through. That and the fact that my mom wouldn't let me make a  run for it even if I tried. To make myself feel better, I convinced myself that all treatments depend on the issue at hand. And mine wasn't too bad.

Or so I thought.

The moment he began, I wanted to make a run for it. Lets just say I've never felt so much pain in my life and this is coming from me; the Queen of Pain. I've always been a boss at dealing with pain.

Or so I thought.

He tortured me from head to toe. I came in with a painful back and left with a painful everything. He dug his elbow into my back, arms and thighs, so deep, it was literally grinding against my veins. I felt like they were moments away from bursting. I pretty much screamed and cried like a freaking baby. Hell, what he did to me made all those torture scenes in the movies look like a freaking delight!

And he had the nerve to tell me, next time will hurt even more.

Hurt even more? Those words made no sense to me. The possibility of something hurting more than what he'd done was freaking impossible.  But anyway, Maggie's kind of my hero now. Only a day and already I want to make a run for it. She stuck around for a few months. Fictional character, I know. But it makes you think of all those people out there that do this.


I'm in awed with each one of you.  You guys are brave and absolutely amazing. And don't forget it.







No comments:

Post a Comment