12 September 2014

The Rise of the Verbal Villain: Author Interview

1: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am a hip-hop addict that wants to infuse and manipulate as many words as possible, to express myself through rhyme and raps, to cause a commotion through emotion basically. I am a loner that loves words. I have endured bullying and to my last breath, I promise I aint gonna get bullied anymore nor will I sit back and watch anyone else get bullied. I know I have a way of weaving words now and will destroy anyone who dares challenge me verbally. 

2: What inspired you to write The Rise of the Verbal Villain?

I wanted to tell people my story, of how I developed my own armour using word ammo to fight back against my bullies. I believed I had a story to tell that even if just one teenager, adult, whatever, felt somehow inspired to stand up for themselves like I did, then the months of putting pen to paper was worth it. I subconsciously developed my alter-ego over a short period as I realised that a sharp wit and cutting comments will slay any dragons you may have. I just wanted people to know how I went from the old Lee to the new me, and hopefully to help people along the way.

3: How long was the writing process?

To get it ready for publication took about four months of weekend writing. The hardest part was writing the rhymes down onto paper. Writing a rap is so incredibly hard, even with a beat but doing it without one, that was tough. It was tough in the sense that I had to write the words in such a way that the rhyme would be read in... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment